Tuesday 19 January 2016

Snow in Kyoto

Today, it is just news from the traditional Japanese city of Kyoto.

This winter has been warmer than average years that I am not aware as it is the first winter for me to spend in Kyoto. But snow fall hit Tokyo earlier this week with huge travel chaos, and finally here in Kyoto, I saw snow falling yesterday and blanketed on the ground in the morning today.


Nijo Castle with White Presents from the Sky



Traditional Japanese Garden Enjoying Nature in Winter?


As a person originally from Sapporo, northern Japan where the winter is very long and so freezing with a lot of snow, it is not bad for me. Just I cannot believe I rode a bike yesterday afternoon and a few hours later it started snowing (the amount was very small and snowing did not last so long at the time).

On the other day, I rode a bike for exercise and found numbers of tourists were much smaller than spring to autumn. It could be a good opportunity to visit Kyoto if you do not like long queues at tourist attractions, shops and bus stops, especially if you do not mind visiting in the winter. I reckon it would be okay for skiers and snowboarders to see traditional Japanese cultural stuffs here after hitting mountains in the famous ski resorts such as Niseko, Furano and Rusutsu in Hokkaido and Hakuba in Nagano.

That is all from Kyoto today. Have a good week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment